Pages

Friday 2 June 2017

How Bikes Work

A Bike is something you can ride anywhere and is faster than walking. There are two wheels, one in the back and one in the front,there is also one saddle to set on.There is two pedals to paddle with your feet faster. There is a brake to stop with if you're going to fast.There are handlebars.


I bike is something where if you don’t want to walk then you can ride.I had two bikes but then i broke them.When you ride a bike the front wheel and the back wheel go round and round. Then in the front of you there are handlebars where you hold on and then that's what you move with.


Then if you are ride on your bike and you are going fast and you want to stop there is brakes where you can stop if you want to.There are also the chains that help the wheels go  up and down hills.
Explaining how something works


Criteria
What do I need to think about?
Structure
  • My introduction explains my topic: A bicycle is ...
  • I explain how a bike works:
    • Wheels
    • Saddle
    • Handlebars
    • Brakes
    • Gears

  • My explanation ends with one sentence: this is how a bike works.
Ideas
  • I have used key words to describe the parts of the bike.
  • I explain how different parts of a bike work  (at least 3).
Punctuation
  • Every sentence has a capital letter and full stop.
Proof-reading
  • I have read my writing and it makes sense for the reader.
  • A buddy has read my writing and agrees that it makes sense.
Sharing on my blog
I have included an image of my bike diagram
Labels: 2017, Writing, Explanation, Bicycle, Literacy
I have copied and pasted my text into my blog post
Title: I have created a personal title for my post
I have inserted a screenshot of my success criteria after my text.
Preview: I have checked the size of the image and text before publishing.


No comments:

Post a Comment