Pages

Monday 10 August 2020

Year 8 Leadership Camp

 Last week the Yr 8's had the privilege to attend Kauaeranga Christian Camp. We were at camp for three days while the Yr 7 students stayed back at school doing a leadership camp. We arrived at the Camp and then had morning tea and put our things into our dorms. Then we played cross games, we played cross games to earn points and also to kill time by playing fun activities. We did lots of fun activities like Archery, Paint ball and lots of other fun activities that include team work and motivating. 

My two favourite activities at Camp was Go karts and Archery. Go karts were fun because I thought it was going to be hard to drive but it was actually fun. We had to lapse to practice and then we could race to see who could get the fastest time, saddest didn't get the fastest time. My other favourite activity was Archery, the bow I was using was heavy the steps on how to use it was, 1. Punch, 2. Pull the arrow over your head, 3.Pull the string back, 4. Turn the bow, 5. then shot and try hit the middle. When I shot the arrow I got it on the yellow bit and it was close to the middle. Go karts and Archery were my favourite activities. A big thank-you to Phil and Shelley for having us as guest and making us feel welcomed. We had a great time at camp and i'm going to miss camp.     

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Zamera,

    I am so glad you enjoyed camp! I was so proud to see you step up into a leadership position and speak confidently in front of an audience - this was one of my highlights. Keep this up now we are back at school!

    ReplyDelete